负责区域：乍得, 贝宁, 马里, 南非, 加蓬, 加纳, 多哥, 苏丹, 马约特, 莱索托, 尼日尔, 索马里, 乌干达, 赞比亚, 南蘇丹, 肯尼亚, 卢旺达, 留尼汪, 马拉维, 喀麦隆, 佛得角, 科摩罗, 吉布提, 布隆迪, 冈比亚, 几内亚, 圣赫勒拿, 斯威士兰, 象牙海岸, 塞内加尔, 坦桑尼亚, 塞拉利昂, 尼日利亚, 毛里求斯, 博茨瓦纳, 津巴布韦, 纳米比亚, 利比里亚, 西撒哈拉, 中非共和国, 布基纳法索, 刚果（布）, 厄立特里亚, 埃塞俄比亚, 马达加斯加, 毛里塔尼亚, 赤道几内亚, 几内亚比绍, 刚果（金）, 塞舌尔群岛, 圣多美和普林西比
"I will always remember starting a bright day of March 7, 2007 as the personal interpreter of World Bank’s former President, James Wolfensohn, in what became a marathon trip which took us in his official business jet from Accra, Ghana to Bujumbura, Burundi where we had a string of meetings including with the Head of State. We then went to Kisangani, in the mineral-rich region of the Democratic Republic of Congo. In Kinshasa, the capital of DRC, that same evening, my consecutive interpretation skills were put to the test at a dinner bringing together the political elite, the diplomatic corps and members of locally based international organizations. I had to render two lengthy speeches by Commissioner Louis Michel and President Kabila, much to the satisfaction of the audience. The trip came to an end after a short flight over the Congo River to Brazzaville airport where we met officials of the government. It was an exciting professional experience."
A few noteworthy projects
- "The statutory meetings of the Ports Management Association for West and Central Africa, held in 2008, in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire, i.e. the General Assembly, the Executive Committee and the Symposium were serviced by 15 interpreters and four translators in three languages: French, English and Portuguese, all recruited by me."
- "During the 10th International Conference on Aids and Sexually Transmitted Infections in Africa (ICASA), in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire, I coordinated a team of 22 Interpreters to work in plenary and the various breakout sessions on very challenging technical and emotionally engaging themes. It was a total success."
- "For the first ICT Summit for Africa held in 2013, in Kigali, Rwanda, we recruited a team of 10 interpreters --- mostly up and coming colleagues but extremely gifted and knowledgeable about computer science."
“During two technical workshops on regulating clean energy in the ECOWAS region held in October 2013 and April 2014 in Accra, Ghana, we benefitted from interpretation (French to English and English to French) and equipment services by Victor Imboua-Niava and his team. Overall, the quality of the services offered was excellent, as attested to by several of the participants. Even though the content of the workshops was very technical, Victor and his team provided highly skilled interpretation. Moreover, before and during the workshops, they responded quickly to every request and challenge, making it a joy to work with them. I would highly recommend them and hope to retain their services again in the future.”
Dr. Kirsten Verclas, Programme Officer, International Programs, USA National Association of Regulatory Utility Commission
“I am writing this message to express FHI360's great satisfaction for the quality of interpretation services offered by Symposia Consult with Mr.Victor IMBOUA-NIAVA, member of Calliope-Interpreters, as coordinator. I will strongly recommend you to any organization for similar services.”
Mr. Assolé Dabiré, Associate Finance Director, FHI360, Accra, Ghana
Family Health International, best known as FHI 360, is an international NGO which recently organized a meeting for which I recruited interpreters and provided simultaneous interpretation equipment.
“This is to formally commend Victor IMBOUA-NIAVA and his team for the excellent interpretation service provided during our Libreville seminar on coastal erosion and the following Accra ministerial on the same theme. The quality of interpretation was far beyond our expectations.”
M. Abou Bamba, Regional Coordinator/Abidjan Convention, UNEP
Accreditations and memberships
- AIIC, International Association of Conference Interpreters
- UPA, Union Parlementaire Africaine
- ACBF, African Capacity Building Foundation
- AERC, African Economic Research Consortium
- NARUC, National Association of Regulatory Utilities Commissioners
This CV contains personal information and is covered by the intellectual property rights enjoyed by Calliope-Interpreters and its members. It is forbidden to copy, change or re-use this material in any way without the prior express consent in writing of the individual member concerned.